Identify the correct statements:
I: The primary carbon dioxide acceptor in C3 plants is Phospho enol pyruvate [PEP].
II: The primary carbon fixation product in C3 plants is Oxalo acetic acid [OAA].
1. Only I
2. Only II
3. Both I and II
4. Neither I nor II
Subtopic:  C4 Plants Examples |
 74%
Level 2: 60%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

The primary CO2 acceptor in C4 pathway is:
1. a 3-carbon molecule phosphoenol pyruvate (PEP) and is present in the mesophyll cells.
2. a 3-carbon molecule phosphoenol pyruvate (PEP) and is present in the bundle sheath cells.
3. a 5-carbon molecule RuBP and is present in the mesophyll cells.
4. a 5-carbon molecule RuBP and is present in the bundle sheath cells.
Subtopic:  C4 Cycle (Hatch & Slack Pathway) | C4 Plants Examples |
 85%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

Consider the two statements:
I: Current availability of carbon dioxide levels is limiting to the C4 plants.
II: C3 plants have a much lower temperature optimum than C4 plants.
 
1. Only I is correct 2. Only II is correct
3. Both I and II are correct 4. Both I and II are incorrect
Subtopic:  C4 Cycle (Hatch & Slack Pathway) | C4 Plants Examples | Factors Affecting Photosynthesis |
 64%
Level 2: 60%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.