Match the scientists given in Column I with their contribution in understanding the process of photosynthesis in Column II and select the correct answer from the codes given below:

COLUMN I COLUMN II
(A) Jan Ingenhousz (a) Only green parts of the plant are capable of photosynthesis
(B) F. F. Blackman (b) Enzymes must carry out light independent reaction
(C) C. B. van Neil (c) Oxygen comes from water and not from carbon dioxide
(D) T. W. Engelmann (d) First action spectrum of photosynthesis

Codes

(A) (B) (C) (D)
1. (a) (b) (c) (d)
2. (b) (a) (d) (c)
3. (a) (b) (d) (c)
4. (b) (a) (c) (d)
Subtopic:  Historical View: Experiments |
 79%
Level 2: 60%+
Hints

Consider the given two statements: 
Assertion (A): The oxygen evolved during photosynthesis comes from water molecules, not from carbon dioxide. 
Reason (R): Oxygen evolving complex is associated with Photosystem I located on thylakoid membrane.
 
1. Both (A) and (R) are True and (R) is the correct explanation of (A). 
2. Both (A) and (R) are True but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A). 
3. (A) is True but (R) is False. 
4. (A) is False but (R) is True.
Subtopic:  Historical View: Experiments | Photosystems |
 79%
Level 2: 60%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

Consider the two statements:
Statement I: Jan Ingenhousz proposed that oxygen evolved in photosynthesis comes from water.
Statement II: T.W. Engelmann described the first action spectrum of photosynthesis.
  
1. Statement I is correct; Statement II is incorrect
2. Statement I is correct; Statement II is correct         
3. Statement I is incorrect; Statement II is correct
4. Statement I is incorrect; Statement II is incorrect
Subtopic:  Historical View: Experiments |
 75%
Level 2: 60%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

Match the Scientists given in Column-I with their contribution in Column-II and select the correct match from the codes given:
Column-I Column-II
A. Jan Ingenhousz P. Provided evidence for production of glucose when plants grow
B. T. W Engelmann Q. Described the first action spectrum for photosynthesis
C. Julius von Sachs R. Showed that sunlight is essential for photosynthesis
D. Cornelius van Neil S. Inferred that oxygen evolved in photosynthesis comes from water and not from carbon dioxide
Codes
A B C D
1. R Q P S
2. Q R S P
3. P S R Q
4. S P Q R
Subtopic:  Introduction | Historical View: Experiments |
 89%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.