Match Column I (Compounds) with Column II (Uses), and mark the appropriate option:
Column I
(Compounds)
Column II
(Uses)
(A) Carbon tetrachloride (i) Paint remover
(B) Methylene chloride (ii) Refrigerators and air conditioners
(C) DDT (iii) Fire-extinguisher
(D) Freons (iv) Non-biodegradable insecticide

1. (A) → (ii), (B) → (iii), (C) → (i), (D) → (iv)
2. (A) → (iv), (B) → (iii), (C) → (ii), (D) → (i)
3. (A) → (i), (B) → (ii), (C) → (iii), (D) → (iv)
4. (A) → (iii), (B) → (i), (C) → (iv), (D) → (ii)
Subtopic:  Iodoform, Freons & DDT |
 89%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

Chloroform is slowly oxidized by air in the presence of light and air to form:

1. Phosgene

2. Formyl chloride

3. Formaldehyde

4. Trichloroethanol

Subtopic:  Iodoform, Freons & DDT |
 89%
Level 1: 80%+

To unlock all the explanations of this course, you need to be enrolled.

Hints

To unlock all the explanations of this course, you need to be enrolled.


Match the compounds given in Column-I with suitable items given in Column-II:

Column-I (Compound)

Column-II (Uses)

A.

Iodoform

1.

Fire extinguisher

B.

Carbon tetrachloride

2.

Insecticide

C.

CFC

3.

Antiseptic

D.

DDT

4.

Refrigerants


Code

1. A → 2 B → 4 C →1 D →3

2. A → 3 B → 2 C →4 D →1

3. A → 1 B → 2 C →3 D →4

4. A → 3 B → 1 C →4 D →2

Subtopic:  Dichloromethane, Trichloromethane & Tetrachloromethane | Iodoform, Freons & DDT |
 87%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

Match the compounds in Column I with their respective effects in Column II:

Column l (Compounds)

Column lI (Effect)

A. Chloramphenicol

I. Malaria

B. Thyroxine

II. Anaesthetic

C. Chloroquine

III. Typhoid fever

D. Chloroform

IV. Goiter

V. Blood substituent

Codes:

Options:  A   B    C   D 
1. II III IV I
2. III IV I II
3. V IV III II
4. IV V III II

Subtopic:  Dichloromethane, Trichloromethane & Tetrachloromethane | Iodoform, Freons & DDT |
 82%
Level 1: 80%+

To unlock all the explanations of this course, you need to be enrolled.

Hints

To unlock all the explanations of this course, you need to be enrolled.